Three gas construction workers suffocated, two died and one injured

At about 5 am yesterday, a suffocation accident occurred at a gas construction site at the intersection of Wuzhong Avenue and Youxin road in Suzhou. Three workers were rushed to the hospital. Later, the reporter learned from the gas company and the hospital that two of them had no signs of life when they were sent to the hospital. As of yesterday afternoon, the reporter reported that the other injured was still in a coma and was being treated in the intensive care unit. At present, the cause of the accident is still under further investigation, and the local relevant departments have launched a major gas safety inspection and hidden danger investigation

three people suffocated during underground operation

yesterday morning, Suzhou citizens reported to reporters that at the intersection of Wuzhong Avenue and Youxin viaduct yesterday morning, near a green relocation site on the east side of Lisong Road, three gas workers accidentally suffered from suffocation during underground operation and were rushed to the hospital in critical condition

after receiving the public’s response, the reporter rushed to the scene of the incident. An engineering rescue vehicle marked with the words “gas group” is still parked at the roadside, and there is almost no trace of the accident at the scene. Next to a manhole cover near the intersection, the reporter saw a gray coat and several white cotton gloves. On the ground, there were boxes with newer oil-resistant silicone sealant and ultra-thin cutting wheel. A worker pointed to the manhole cover and said that at that time, the three workers were suffocated during the underground operation” There are only two workers in one well site. The other worker should have fainted after going down to rescue. “

as the incident happened at about 5 am, the situation did not further expand after the gas company carried out emergency maintenance on the pipeline. At about 9 am, more than 10 green chemical workers who moved trees to one side said they didn’t know about the accident” 1t’s just that when 1 came near 7 o’clock in the morning, 1 smelled a smell of gas. There was no gas here two days ago. We thought the gas company was repairing the pipeline, and we didn’t pay much attention to it. “

they were all experienced migrant workers

the reporter then rushed to the Fifth People’s Hospital of Suzhou city. The doctor of the emergency department told the reporter that at about 5 am that day, 120 ambulance sent three patients with suspected gas poisoning and wet body” Two of them had no heartbeat or breathing when they were sent to the hospital. After rescue, the other was sent to the intensive care unit of the hospital for further observation and treatment. At present, his vital signs are tending to be stable. “

at noon yesterday, the car of the funeral home pulled the bodies of the two dead people away from the hospital. The workers of the dead told reporters that the three poisoned people were not Suzhou natives, and they were all about 389 years old” They were still working together yesterday. Today, if they don’t, they’ll be gone. Their families can come here in the afternoon. When we get the news, we’ll come and see them off again. “

Zhang Xinhua, deputy director of Wuzhong District Administration of work safety, told the reporter that the three people are staff of the construction team employed by the gas company, specializing in the construction, repair and maintenance of gas pipelines, headquartered in Liyang. A deputy general manager surnamed Shen of Wuzhong gas company also said that all three of them hold work licenses and are old employees with four or five years of relevant work experience< At about 1 pm yesterday, the reporter rushed to Wuzhong gas company, and the staff of Wuzhong District Safety Supervision Bureau also rushed to the company to prepare an emergency investigation and analysis of the accident. Shen, deputy general manager of the company, told reporters that the accident was not a gas leakage accident, but a construction accident caused by workers' improper operation “at about 10 p.m. the night before the incident, we turned off the gas supply valve. According to the industry regulations, we need to resume the gas supply at 6 a.m. there are three gas supply points nearby, with two workers at each point, one opening the valve underground and the other monitoring the well. At the time of the incident, we, as the construction party, were also inspecting the surrounding area. At that time, we wanted to call them to ask if the valve had been turned on, but no one answered the phone. Less than 10 minutes later, when we rushed by, we found that all three of them had suffocation symptoms. We speculate that the two men who left behind may have intended to rescue the first asphyxiator. “< According to the staff of gas company, improper operation may be dangerous" When operating the valve well, we clearly require the workers to ventilate the valve for at least 5 minutes before going down the well, and then use the combustible gas detector for detection. 1f there is no alarm, they should wear work clothes, safety shoes, cotton gloves, fasten the safety belt and go down the well for operation. At least one person should be left on the well for monitoring before going down the well for operation. " in addition, Zhang Xinhua said that due to the nitrogen replacement work in the construction engineering design, it is still uncertain whether the asphyxiator is natural gas poisoning. “We have carried out safety inspection and hidden danger investigation in the field of urban gas construction, and the specific cause of the accident is still under further investigation.” Journalists will continue to pay attention this article is a reprint of 1nternet media, which only represents the author’s point of view and has nothing to do with this website. 1f the information column articles and comments violate your legal rights, please call to let us know and we will deal with them in time

Back to list